IFSP 3 Month Authorizations and Progress Notes Procedures
1. Effective 12/1/10, IFSP service authorizations can only be written for 3 month periods. All authorization periods are based on the month that the initial/annual IFSP is written and signed by the parent.
2. The initial authorization start date will be according to Cluster policy to allow for physician signature and will end the last day of the 4th month to allow for the 30 day start period.
3. All subsequent authorizations will begin on the first day of the month and end of the last day of the month as noted in Attachment A –Authorization and Report Schedule.
4. Providers must submit progress notes on the first day of the month due. Providers will not be reauthorized for services, if they do not submit timely progress notes.
5. Providers must also provide a discharge report when the child is discharged from services or leaves the First Steps System.
Attachment A– Authorization and Report Schedule
|Initial/Annual IFSP meeting month:||3 month auth ends||6 month auth ends||9 month auth ends||12 month auth ends|
|January||4/30/–||7/31/–||10/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|February||5/31/–||8/31/–||11/30/–||Last day of IFSP|
|March||6/30/–||9/30/–||12/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|April||7/31/–||10/31/–||1/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|May||8/31/–||11/30/–||2/28/–||Last day of IFSP|
|June||9/30/–||12/31/–||3/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|July||10/31/–||1/31/–||4/30/–||Last day of IFSP|
|August||11/30/–||2/28/–||5/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|September||12/31/–||3/31/–||6/30/–||Last day of IFSP|
|October||1/31/–||4/30/–||7/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|November||2/28/–||5/31/–||8/31/–||Last day of IFSP|
|December||3/31/–||6/30/–||9/30/–||Last day of IFSP|
|Initial/Annual IFSP meeting month:||3 month report due:||6 month report due:||9 month report due:||Annual report due:|
Taken from UTS Training Times – February 2011